Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Humour

Nature's gift to us ingrates is here again-Fall. Firestorm colors made looming by the constant drizzle that makes any movement past your door that much more tretchorous and rewarding. I've wasted no time in falling into the rituals-tucking away in our corner at the RR, plotting corn maze runs and graveyard crawls, letting sullen tunes sooth me away on the jukebox. The real rituals that make the passing year enjoyable, not the hollow, cracked at the edge routines of December. Don't bother shopping for me boyos, the best gift you can expect from me is the bottle of cheap whiskey I bring to your party, the one nobody but me dares drink.

If you're reading this, you probably understand this by now: I'm a funny guy. I will make you laugh, about things you never even thought of, folded into jokes that shouldn't ever work. But goddamnit, they're just so sincere, they have you hopping onto the Koot-Train to Crazy Town. That's what I want really; I want everything I say to make you laugh. Every story and opinion I express: "Is he for real? I can't believe this guy..." I want to keep you guessing, skeptical about everything I say or feel. I am an ocean with no map, and you are Minesweeping in the deep. It's a hell of a lot safer way to live.

See, look at that. Ton of words, who can guess what they mean? Isn't this supposed to be a food blog? Where are the burritos?


OH SWEET POTATO JESUS THERE THEY ARE.
Birthed form a beer-fueled 3am munchie craving, a good idea made better by the light of day.
That's SAUTED TOFU (shocker!), VEGATABLES, and HUMMUS, all wrapped in a couple of leftover tortillaz. Garnished with a side of spring mix, purely for show, don't eat it, it may kill you.

Paired with: coffee as black as the soul of the husky goth girl left alone after Steampunk Tuesday at the Blue Lagoon. Dash of greens for irony's sake. I'm a hipster at heart (ironically!).

1 comment:

  1. When I first experienced POTATO JESUS burritos, angelic choirs sang to my tastebuds...

    Though that also may have been the serreno and jalepeno peppers. Either way, DELISH.

    ReplyDelete