Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumkin Coconut Soup (!!!@!#!#!!!!!)

Turning the corner to winter, I see so many glorious people around me struck down by the indignity of illness. My god, a soup is in order. Not just any plain old warmed over gut-filler, a brew that will nourish the body and warm the spirit. I came up with this:

As opposed to the last squash soup I made, I really dig both the texture and subtle pumkin flavor of this one. I did cheat and use canned pumkin though, in addition to my secret weapon; a certain special, way-fantastic type of imported coconut milk (not telling bout that). You can see the variant of Sriracha sauce I tried on a whim today. It's sweeter than the one most of us are used to, and works great with the milk. The trick here was adding a good amount of fish sauce. Mixing that with the coconut milk and hot sauce seems to be the one-two-three flavor punch that makes Thai food so damn good.
So c'mon sickies, come and be SAVED!
More to say? Oh my friends, you would not believe. That's for later though.
-Cheers
SW

No comments:

Post a Comment